PCS at The Arc of Greater Boone County offers two day program formats.
- Basic development assistance: offers support for individuals with significant needs learn to develop communication and daily living skills
- Habilitation training: offers support to individuals to increase life skills, personal care and pre vocational training
Examples of the activities used for curriculum in PCS include:
- Art expression
- Music classes
- Pre-vocational work skills
- Community exploration
- Kiwanis Aktion Club / Self-Advocates of Indiana
- Living Legends
- The Game Changers Club (self-advocacy)
- Job Club
- Lego Club
Many of our PCS program participants volunteer regularly for community organizations such as The Boys & Girls Club, Humane Society, Lebanon Rotary Club Initiative – Cleanest City in Indiana and Shalom House.
Staff are trained in assisting individuals to become as independent as possible. We believe in being ourselves and having fun!