Opening in Community Membership
POSITION: Community Membership Specialist
QUALIFICATIONS: Minimum High School Diploma or G.E.D. Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation with car insurance.
STATUS: Non-Exempt, Part-Time
Provide one-on-one support to individuals with intellectual challenges. The job includes teaching and supporting people to become a part of the community. Hours may include weekends and evenings. The waiver services provided could include community habilitation with an individual or small group, participant assistance and care, respite and residential supports.
Opening in Executive Leadership
POSITION: Community Services Director
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor Degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience supporting programs for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Every 3 years of applicable experience can be substituted for every year of post-secondary education requirement.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Ensure the provision of high quality, meaningful services to individuals served which help them achieve their life and career goals.
2. Assist Department Managers in “crisis type” situations involving persons served.
3. Reviews applicable incident reports to identify trends, issues that need addressed, and training needs. Conduct investigations of critical incidents as needed.
4. Directly supervise Community Membership Manager and Job Connection Manager in all aspects of the community-based programs and within established personnel policy procedures.
5. Ensure all assigned departments are operating efficiently, cost effectively, and within budget.
6. Ensure compliance with BQIS, DDRS, Vocational Rehabilitation, CARF, and other regulators deemed appropriate.
7. Obtain, track, and manage outcome and other requested data for community-based programs and turn into Executive Director on a monthly, semiannual, and annual basis in a timely fashion. Communicate outcome data to staff and other stakeholders.
8. Assist in the hiring of staff and giving direction on all personnel issues to keep staff satisfied and turnover within acceptable levels.
9. Participate in INARF and The Arc of Indiana interest section meetings, trainings, etc. as meaningful content is offered.