The Arc of Greater Boone County is looking to fill multiple Direct Support Professional positions. Our available positions are in both our Community and Supported Living programs working with people with disabilities
Community, Supported Living and Life Skills Areas – working with the people we serve in the community or within their homes
- Full-time and part-time positions available, evening and weekend hour availability preferred
- Flexible schedules
- Starting pay at $11.00 per hour
- Full-time Community and Supported Living staff receive health, dental and vision insurance.
- Vacation and sick time available for full-time staff.
Valid Driver’s License
Opening in Boone County WIC Office
POSITION: WIC CLINIC ASSISTANT
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: WIC Coordinator
QUALIFICATIONS: High School Diploma. Experience in general business office procedures, especially in computers and secretarial tasks preferred. Experience in positively dealing with the public preferred. Must possess good typing skills.
- Work: Mondays 8:30am-7pm, Tuesdays 8:30am-5:30pm, and Fridays 8:30am-5:30pm
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid Driver’s License
- Reliable Transportation
Opening in Supported Living
POSITION: SUPPORTED LIVING TEAM LEAD
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Supported Living Manager
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor Degree in a related field preferred or a minimum 3 years’ experience supporting programs for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to complete physical requirements of the position
- Ability to be on-call every evening Monday – Friday and every other weekend
SPECIFIC ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Support a network of employees and volunteers who are equipped to deliver person-centered services in the work services program to the highest degree of quality possible.
·Participate in the delivery of on the job training to ensure that staff understand their day to day expectations and understand the unique, individualized needs of each person served.
· Ensure that staff maintain competency in the core service delivery requirements.
· Work with Human Resources and supervisor to identify staff training needs.
· Positively support volunteers and interns in their roles in supporting the people we serve and our programs.
· Directly oversee the delivery of services to ensure that services that are provided are of high quality, are those that are desired by the person served, incorporate daily choices, are documented per expectations, are compliant with all rules, regulations, and accrediting requirements.
· Ensure timely, accurate and informative staff documentation.
· Participate in the recruitment and retention of staff including training, monitoring performance, documenting performance issues, and other personnel roles in partnership with the Supported Living Manager and Human Resources.