How do you qualify?
- If you are over 18, you must qualify for Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Individuals who qualify for SSI will automatically be found eligible for Medicaid. If you are under 18 and do not financially qualify for SSI, a separate eligibility determination for Medicaid Waiver services will be made.
- Your family income and assets are not counted to determine eligibility for children under 18; however, assets or income in the child’s name are counted. For those older than 18, only the individual’s income and assets are counted.
- You must require the type of care that ordinarily would be provided in a Medicaid-funded facility, such as a nursing home, large residential facility or group home.
Where do you apply?
- Adults and children with intellectual or other developmental disabilities: Obtain the number for your local Bureau of Developmental Disabilities Services (BDDS) office by calling 800-545-7763. *If you reside in Boone County you are in District 5 call 877-218-3530.
- Adults and children with medical needs requiring skilled nursing care/TBI: Obtain the number for your local Area Agency on Aging by calling 800-986-3505. *If you reside in Boone County you are in Area 8 call 800-432-2422.
- If you need assistance contact us at 765-482-6815 or The Arc IN at 317-977-2375.
To check the Waiting List Web Portal go to: http://www.in.gov/fssa/ddrs/4328.htm